Melbourne - Day 2 (Part 2) 12 Apostles & Loch Ard Gorge



After a while, we stopped at a caravan site and we saw koala!! I honestly don’t know what to expect in Australian native animals. So I was shocked to see koalas leisurely just slept on the tree right next to a caravan. Once you know how to spot them, the easier for you to see more of them on the trees.


KOALA!!!

How can they not fall??






Out tour guide, Milan

Bribing the birds so we could take pics =p




We stopped at Apollo’s Bay for lunch at ILUKA Restaurant. I don’t know why fish & chips in Australia tasted better than the ones in Malaysia and I can’t find the ones that tasted like it.

Another quite town

Fish & Chips <3

Look at those waves <3



Suddenly it was cloudless


Found few Aussie cattles

Finally after hours of driving, we arrived at the 12 Apostles. The first time I saw the rocks, I was in awe. I’ve been so long wanted to travel to Melbourne and when I finally set my eye upon those rocks it felt like dream came true. We took our time there strolling the boardwalk and just take in our surrounding. The sky was so clear the clouds weren’t really there and it was sunny that I had to wear sunglasses but chilled enough I kept my jacket on. 







Boardwalk at 12 Apostles






Trying to get a selfie =p













After that, we went to Loch Ard Gorge not far from the 12 Apostles. Loch Ard Gorge was a famous site where two shipwreck survivors washed ashore. It was a really beautiful secluded beach and tourists came there to enjoy the beach. The water was ice cold but I braved it for the sake of pictures. At that time my feet were blistered but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to soak my feet into the water. We then went to the Gibson’s Steps before heading back to Melbourne CBD. Mariya and I hiked a small hill and we braved the hike after we saw a snake warning sign. We were extra paranoid as we hike for any snake and were totally freaked out the whole way. We quickly took some pictures and practically ran down the hill. We ran across the street to take some sheep pictures and then head back to the city. On our way to the city, Milan suddenly stopped the van because he spotted wild kangaroos! I honestly just saw animals hopping through the fields hehe..

Those were some stairs 

Loch Ard Gorge

Ice cold water 










Sun tanning Mariya =p

Trying not to freak out about snakes


Gibson’s Steps 





Sunset at Gibson’s Steps 



Ran across the street

Sheep everywhere !!

Can you see them?




Going back to CBD

Comments

Popular Posts