Melbourne - Day 3 (Part 3) Goodbye Melbourne



We went to The Paperback bookshop that has been on my wish list to go in Melbourne. We strolled the shop and I bought a book as a souvenir from the bookstore. After I finally got to cross The Paperback from my wish list the hunger set in. We then wondered aimlessly to find a halal restaurant for dinner. We then tumbled into QV and Mariya shopped at Daiso for a while. Finally we settled on Paparich *finally Malaysian food!!! I helped Mariya ordered and as soon the food arrived we dug in.



The long awaited bookshop


Browsing the shelves




Aussie Daiso

EATTTTTT


Happy to get Bandung drink


Starving Face

On our way back to the hostel we suddenly saw a lot of people on the street and people standing in front of the Melbourne Town House. It turned up that there was Melbourne Comedy Festival going on. So we wanted try to go to one of the events they had and decided on a stand up comedy event near China Town. We went back to hostel to freshen up as the show wasn’t until late. Once we were ready, we ventured out the night and walked to the venue. Turns out it was at a bar and I am very reluctant to go into the bar as the bouncer asked us for our ID. In the end we forgo the plan because I wasn’t really comfortable to go into a bar and walked around the CBD before finally when back to the hostel and called it a night.

Comedy Festival


The next morning, I got up really early to get ready because I got an early flight home. After I got ready to go to the airport, I woke Mariya to say my goodbyes. She accompanied me to the tram station and hugged me tightly before I got on the tram. I took tram to the Southern Cross Station to catch a Skybus to the airport.


Early morning tram

Southern Cross Station

Leaving Melbourne





KLIA 2 


My trip to Melbourne is one of my most meaningful trips because this is the first time that I went head first to the challenges of travelling solo. It was also a milestone for me to finding myself and pushes myself to the highest capabilities. If I don’t believe in myself that I could travel on my own thousands miles from home, I will never know that it was possible for me to do it. This trip also teaches me to appreciate things around me and not to travel to places for the sake of visiting the places but also learned about the history and appreciates the culture and people around me. The greatest thanks to my travel partner Mariya because without you this trip will not be as great as it was. Your free spirit rivals mine eventhough we only knew each other for a very short time and you were the best travel partner that I can ever hoped. Love you to the moon and back <3




Comments

Popular Posts