Melbourne - Day 3 (Part 1) Queen Victoria Market



We decided to sleep in a bit the next morning. It was my last day in Melbourne and I planned to go shopping at Queen Victoria Market. We took a tram the long way to the market. Need to be aware of, Queen Victoria Market is open every day except Mondays and Wednesdays. Best plan a trip there with that in mind =D It was a lazy morning and we walked around the city and basking the morning. Along the way while waiting for trams, we took pictures of RMIT University. The building was so artful and eccentric that you can’t help but took pictures. From building covered with bubbled rooftop to pixel like surface building the campuses were very different make me want to have them in Malaysia =p


Lazy morning

RMIT Buiding

RMIT Building

RMIT Building

I started a project on Melbourne public transport system that day and spent the morning taking pictures of trams, busses and other public transport facilities. While walking towards the market I met a muslim woman on her way to work and after talking/walking we changed few words. A little tip especially to travelling muslims, whenever you see a muslim when you are abroad it is always a good manner to greet them with salam. Who know they could make your travel easier or even made your day. We are all brothers and sisters of the same religion after all =D

Sun peeking through skyscraper 

 We arrived a bit early that morning where there’s not much of people still and decided to grab a coffee and catch a brekkie (breakfast) first. We stopped at Merlocoffee to get our morning boost and since I’m not huge on coffee, I opted for hot chocolate. Since it’s still too early and most of the stalls that opened were souvenir stalls, we have to wait a while for the food stalls to open.

Shops still unopened

Queen Victoria Market


Morning boost


I’ve always wanted to try the Turkish food people on those blogs always talk about. So waited for a Turkish cafe to open and ordered Gozleme while Mariya bought fried dumplings next door. The Gozleme was amazing and in a huge portion, definitely a recommendation.



Gozleme

After we stuffed our faces with food, we finally took notice other people already piling to the market. As I was shopping, that part was kinda blank to me =p *too many things bought and so many things sold. One of the vendors approached us and asked us to take a look at her wares of hair ornaments. They were so pretty that we can’t resist buying them and she even demonstrates to us on how to use it. We then separated to shop on our own and I honestly didn’t took many pictures because I was too busy shopping =p

Hair demonstration













Result of my unsupervised shopping spree =p


Initially I planned only to be there for a couple of hours but ended up met up again close to 12 o’clock =p We were supposed to go to Melbourne University after that but sadly we skipped that. Needless to say Mariya kind of laugh me off when she saw how many that I bought* I brought my own shopping bag to the market because I knew I was going to shop like crazy =D Ever a great friend, she carried some of my purchase for me*thank you Mariya <3

Mariya carrying my extra shopping bag

We were hungry again after the shopping spree so we went to the food section of the market. I queued up at one of the long lines at Boreks food stall and ordered Cheese and Spinach Borek. We went outside and had our lunches at one of the benches like any other city dwellers =p 



Lunch like a city dwellers 




Turns out that while I was acting like a crazed shopper at the market, Mariya strolled around the little shops outside of the market. She then brought me to a little vintage shop that sells everything and anything home decoration. When found that we had enough of the market, quickly hopped on the tram only to later realize that we took a wrong one and had to turn back to the CBD. On our way back to the hostel, we strolled one last time at the laneways.

A whole room full of white only items


Its what I call the White Room

What I thought to be our tram 

Lost person

One last stroll






Comments

Popular Posts